Friday, June 6, 2014

Tip #8 REST

You can't just work, plan, or play 24-7.  If you do, you will surely burn out.  So, this tip number 8 in the 12 Encouraging Posts To Help You Reach Your Goals is:  Rest!

When you take time to let your project sit and "simmer," you are able to see it with fresh eyes.

When writing, this gives you an opportunity to objectively read through your material and catch spelling and grammar errors.  You will find ways to improve every time you edit and revise until you finally come to a point where you are ready to publish.

So, practicing what I preach, tonight is just a short post and I am taking most of tomorrow off to celebrate my 17 year anniversary with my high school sweetheart.  Yeah!

Please recharge your batteries, your heart, rest your mind, your eyes, and let your project, whatever it is, have the gift of time.  You'll pick it up and continue, but use whatever amount of time you need to set for yourself.  Sometimes it's a day, sometimes a week, but rest and then get ready to continue and see your efforts through to completion.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Thank you,

Trina Gunzel

Contact me if you would like to purchase a signed copy or schedule an author's day visit or workshop!

Need a wonderful gift for any mother or expecting mother to have to read to children?
Buy Grandmas Are Gorgeous!

Author/Illustrator Website



3 comments:

  1. Hi Trina,

    I'm Lisa Orchard author of the bestselling Super Spies series. I found your comment on my interview with David Chuka and I thought I'd stop over and say hi. If you'd like an author spotlight on my blog, just let me know. Stop by my blog and leave a comment or get my e-mail address from my contact me page. :) It's nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! I didn't leave the link to my blog! http://lisaorchard.wordpress.com/

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    Yes, I would love to have an author spotlight on your blog. Thank you for contacting me! I appreciate you leaving the link and I will be in touch. :)
    Best wishes,
    Trina Licavoli Gunzel

    ReplyDelete