Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tip #3 PLAN

Hello,
I bet you're surpised that I'm actually keeping up with these 12 Days Of Encouraging Posts To Help You Reach Your Goals right?  I was serious!  The only way I actually got to the publishing part with my books this year was to follow through.  So, I am here, following through and wanting to encourage you to do the same.

Tip #3 to encourage you today is to help you PLAN.  You have to have a plan for what you want to do in order to help yourself get there.

Remember that saying, "Any well built house has to start on a sturdy foundation?"  Think of that as the PLAN for whatever you decide you want to tackle this year.  If you aren't even sure what you'd like to PLAN, here are some ideas you might consider.  If any of them jump out to you as something you would like to make a priority in your life to work, maybe that is where you should start:

Idea Brainstorm:

Improve and strengthen your marriage
Spend more purposeful time with your children
Learn a new skill for your career
Complete your training or education
Design a product
Find a solution to a problem
Find a way to improve something in your community
Make a difference in the world

Whatever YOU decide, it's your life and YOUR way to contribute and make a difference.

Once you settle on one, two, or even three MAJOR goals to accomplish, write down your PLAN.

What do you want to achieve this year?  Write it down so you can look at it every day and see how you are doing on accomplishing your goals.

Write down a check list of what you will need to do to finally turn those dreams into realities.

For me, I decided:  This Year Was The Year For Publishing!

First, I decided on which stories I was going to publish.
Then, I made my PLAN.
I decided I was going to do the illustrations and stories myself.
This meant I HAD to PLAN in TIME to actually do the work.

My PLAN included daily effort and creating art and writing until my story was ready.  I actually wrote the titles to 12 books so I am focused to complete the series.

Part of my PLAN also included researching publishers, finding ways to organize my artwork and stories, revising, and setting a budget for my project.

So...by now you have been thinking about your ideas, focusing on what you'd like to achieve and now I want you to really take the time to plan out what you want to do so that you can have a solid foundation to build on.

Come back with your plan tomorrow and we'll work on the next part in your journey to success.

Keep working toward your dreams!

Part of my plan included deciding I was going to take extra coursework in social media so that has allowed me to design my own webpage, tap into sites that allow me to market and share my books, and I am still getting to achieve my goals of being present and involved with my husband and kiddos while working from home.  Don't give up on whatever is tugging at your heart to do, especially if it is in the best interest of your family and you have their support.

I pray your week is full of bright moments and opportunities to make a difference by showing love to others.

Night, night.

Trina
Check out my new author website! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment