Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tip #7 BUDGET

If you are going to seriously follow through with your plan, you have to BUDGET!  There are so many excellent resources out there.

Check out your local community college for business information. They will usually have someone who will consult with you for free, direct you toward the correct paperwork you need to complete, and give you ideas and suggestions for your business plan.  There are so many great resources on the web so do some research and then talk to others in the field as well.

In order to be able to really launch your plan and be successful, you have to have some way to fund it. When I was a bit younger, I would work five jobs sometimes just so I could keep some of my small business ideas going until they really took off.  (Now I only work about three jobs).  But, I'm trying to find ways to work smarter, not harder, so I can spend more time with my family and that has been very rewarding.

So, that's it for tonight!  BUDGET!

You have your ideas and your plan, now think about:

How much will materials cost?

How much will marketing cost?

What kind of licenses will you need and how much will they cost?

How much do you want to save before you will invest in YOU?

How much are you willing to spend on your project?

For me, I am continuing to work teaching, training, and consulting while I am also writing, illustrating and marketing my children's books.  This income helps to cover my expenses and allows me to get my books off the ground.

In the publishing world, it is very expensive to publish and you want to make sure you select the right publisher for YOU so do your homework and take your time.

Work on your budget so you can finance your dreams and make them a reality.

I hope you are enjoying the creative energy you are experiencing and passing your positive on to others!

Trina Licavoli Gunzel

Thank you for liking and sharing my facebook page!  I will be giving away another autographed copy of Grandmas Are Gorgeous!  June 20, 2014 if you like and SHARE my page.  Leave a comment on my facebook page letting me know to be entered:  Facebook Author Page: Trina Licavoli Gunzel

www.trinagunzel.com for my official author website

Buy My Books: Grandmas Are Gorgeous - Softcover or Ebook formats


No comments:

Post a Comment