Friday, January 16, 2015

Tip #11: Set NEW Goals

Hello and Welcome to a Fresh New Start!

Bring it on 2015!  Can you believe it?  We have managed to blow WAY past the year 2000 and many of you might be thinking...what am I still doing here?  Do I have time to finish my bucket list?  Did I ever even start a bucket list?  Well, if you choose to have a list or not, I would encourage you to EMBRACE TODAY!  This is the only TODAY you will ever get!  I painted this tree to remind me of this and to think about the paths I want this year to take.  What dreams do you envision?  What would you like to do differently this year?




It is true that you will never have another day quite like today.  If there are things you want to do, why not start doing them?  Some people have enjoyed a full life of experiences and might look at themselves now and wonder how they can share all of their knowledge and lessons they've learned with others.  Well, there truly is no time like the present and maybe today will be the day you share something that really makes a difference in the life of someone else.

I have been working with local businesses, schools across the country, and interviewing to get the word about my books out.  Today, I had the opportunity to share some of my resources and learning with a friend who just published her first book.  Yes, I am busy, but making time to help someone else made a difference to her and gave me the opportunity to be refueled sharing my excitement about promotional activities and goal setting.  There are opportunities for mentorship and friendship everywhere you look.

Writing is a great way to get your thoughts out there and inspire others.  If you haven't done so yet, try writing a blog, getting that story you've had in your notebook finally published or send in a letter to the editor of your local paper.  Now more than ever, people are just a click away and if you have something worth sharing, you will get discovered by simply putting it out there and networking.

I want to encourage everyone as I wind down this list of tips, to make a fresh start this year to go after your goals and make them reality.  Whatever you decide to do in life, do it with PASSION and embrace the person you are and all the gifts and talents you have to offer this world.

I'm looking forward to hearing about what you come up with and am off to help my husband and professional photographer photograph the illustrations for my next book.

Go make those dreams reality!  I'm cheering for you!

:)
Trina Licavoli Gunzel

Check out my books for gift ideas!  A birthday, baby shower, holiday, or just to say I'm thinking of you is a great excuse to give the keepsake book:  Grandmas Are Gorgeous!  Enjoy and thank you!

Author/Illustrator Website

No comments:

Post a Comment