Friday, May 30, 2014

A Year For Publishing!

Remember when you were a little kid and you really ENJOYED writing and creating ART just for fun?

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be an author/illustrator.  I have written countless stories, poems, and songs and just held on to them in the hopes that one day, I would actually publish my work.

I know I am not alone in this.  Many of our "dreams" have to take a back seat to the "realities" of our life.  I enjoy my children and love them and my husband dearly.  Now, as my little ones are finally reaching the age of above 4...something magical has happened!

Daily, I am finding that, as I call it, "The Four Year Fog" has lifted!  I am able to hold a thought, have an extra hour to create something, actually retain information, and I am no longer being accused of having a mush brain!

I am so thankful I balanced teaching and staying home with my children through doing educational consulting and training and now am finally writing, illustrating and publishing my children's books!  For those of you who want to be inspired to go after your dreams and be encouraged to not give up, I want you to start off by seeing my example and then continue checking back as I share through my blog ideas that can help you go from those first stages of thinking about doing something to actually making it happen!

Here is my first tip for you today:

#1  Allow yourself time to think.  Just start with that.  Carve out a few moments of quiet peace outside, in the bathroom, in your car, in your bed, wherever you can...and just let your brain rest.  Next, from this moment on, have a journal and a pen with you at all times.  When those creative juices start to flow, you want to be ready to capture your ideas by writing them down.  That's it!  This is your first step toward making your dreams reality!  It might surface in a business plan, an idea for a product, a glimmer of a novel, an idea for an art piece...just be open to possibilities and listen...

I'm going to commit to sharing a new tip with you each day for the next 12 days!  I look forward to hearing how this inspires you and sharing what happened to me through this process.

As you can probably guess, I achieved my goal of becoming a published children's author and illustrator.  I'm so excited to share some resources with you to encourage you as you start to think about your plans and dreams for the future.

Please like and share my facebook author page:  Trina Licavoli Gunzel  and find me on Pinterest for ideas and events.

I would love to read your comments and answer any questions you have.  You can also get a taste for my book and my personality through my youtube site: Trina Gunzel

My website is www.trinagunzel.com for additional resources and information.  I think it's pretty fun too!  :)

You can find my first book in this family series on Amazon: Order from Amazon: Grandmas Are Gorgeous!
or any of your favorite online retails.  Grandmas Are Gorgeous!  can also be ordered from your favorite major bookseller.

If you'd like to order a signed copy from me, you can always do that too.  I made my goal of having it out for Mother's Day and Grandmother's Day is in July! I have so many fun events planned to tour with it this year and it has been selling and receiving excellent feedback!  I hope it inspires wonderful family memories and traditions when you read it and complete the included activities.  I have a heart for families and this has been a huge push for my work.

Available now from AuthorHouse  www.authorhouse.com

978-1-4969-0421-8 (Soft Cover ISBN)
978-1-4969-0425-6 (EBOOK ISBN)
Authorhouse Ebook

Thank you and I'll see you for tip #2 tomorrow!

Trina
Children's Books and Works By Trina Licavoli Gunzel

No comments:

Post a Comment